We thank you in advance for your patience. Please bear with us, our team are experiencing a high level of requests with current events and we’ll be in contact as quickly as possible.
Due to the high volume of calls and working with skeleton staff in this situation our lines will be open from 9:30am - 12:30pm & 2:30PM - 4:30PM. Please note, we can only discuss bookings with the lead party organiser. We are prioritising bookings with departure dates in the next 4 weeks and we will try to keep you updated as best we can right now.
We are continually monitoring the coronavirus situation closely and we are following the advice and guidelines set by Public Health England and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Do we need travel insurance?
Whether you're heading out in the UK or abroad, we highly recommend you take out travel insurance with appropriate cover for Covid-19. For example, if you have to self-isolate and you're unable to travel, you will not be entitled to a refund so make sure you are covered.
When is the latest we can cancel?
Our usual cancellation policy of 6 weeks still applies, however, we can tailor your package with certain activities/accommodation which will allow for later cancellations where possible.*
What happens if there's another lockdown?
If we were to go back into a national lockdown and we weren’t able to provide your event, then we would be able to offer a free postponement to a later date or add a credit note to your account which could be used for a different event. If you are unable to travel because of a 'local lockdown' but the package can still be delivered you will not be entitled to a refund so make sure you have insurance to cover you.
Do you need all the deposits upfront?
We just need a single deposit from yourself initially to secure your package, along with your maximum group size. Each guest will then need to pay their own deposit within 4 weeks of booking. However, where we can, we will be able to allow extensions for you.*
How do the payments work?
Your guests can pay their own deposits, instalments and balances off individually through our online VIP Area.
What if our plans change?
We understand plans can alter which is why, where possible, activities/dates/destinations can be changed if required.*
Is our money safe?
We’re ABTA bonded which means your money is protected. Travel in confidence knowing we're bound by the highest in travel standards. It’s as simple as that.
*Terms - Subject to availability, selected itineraries and locations only, not applicable to self-catering bookings, standard terms apply.
What happens if the FCO advises against travel to my event destination?
If this is the case you should first refer to your travel insurance and review your cover, hopefully this will allow you to claim. You are looking for a cover for cancellation and/or or curtailment. You can start by making sure you have all the necessary paperwork to help support your claim from your travel provider. You can ask your travel provider to set this up for you, they should have a copy. All bookings are advised to get travel insurance through the booking process.
You can find the most up to date FCO updates here > (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
What happens if our flights are cancelled or disrupted?
- If your flights are cancelled or disrupted, then please speak to your airline and travel insurance providers.
If our flights are cancelled, will we receive a credit on our ground arrangements?
- If there are any issues with your flights, please speak to your airline and travel insurance providers. Many airlines are offering rescheduling at no extra costs, meaning the destination is still accessible, but the timeline may have to change.
- If the destination is still accessible then the ground arrangements remain valid and no refund will be issued by suppliers on the ground. If that is the case as soon as you advise and as far as possible we will request to reschedule, but guarantees are out of our control.
- However, in most cases, if given 7 weeks' notice, we will do everything we can to re-arrange your event with an alternative trip.
If you're travelling within the next 7 days
- If your event is taking place in the next 7 days, we will be in touch as soon as possible if any aspect of your booking has been affected.
If you're travelling within the next 6 weeks
- Please bear with us while we contact our suppliers for more information on your booking. As you are aware the situation is changing every day and we want to make sure we can share with you the most current information. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss possible options available to your group.
- Please note: we will be contacting the lead organiser of the booking and sharing the information with them to share in turn with you.
Is it possible to postpone our event or change location?
- Yes in cases outside of cancellation terms. However, we would advise taking very quick action to secure a new solution.
- We will do our best to make any amendments to your booking prior to the final balance deadline. This will be subject to availability and price discrepancies.
- If you have already paid your final balance (and your event is now within cancellation terms) but wish to postpone, this will be at the discretion of our suppliers.
- Please get in touch with your Event Manager immediately if this is something you would like to look into.
Should I go ahead with my booking?
To make our clients feel more confident, Groupia are offering -
Flexible Deposits* - If there's a reason you can't travel, we'll transfer your deposit to another date or location. (*Not applicable to some self-catering)
Low Deposits* - It's just a small £40 group deposit to secure your weekend today. (*Self-catering can vary)
ABTA & ATOL Bonded - Travel in confidence knowing we're bonded by the highest in travel standards. We're monitoring things closely and our highly experienced teams are in contact with the FCO and ABTA.
We would never operate an event unless it was safe to do so and if travel restrictions are implemented.
Can we have an extension on our final balance deadline?
- Yes, if your event is postponed the final balance deadline will automatically track to new dates.
Further reading on Covid-19:
- Use info from FCO updates - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- For health advice see NHS - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
ABTA advice on the corona virus - https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak