We thank you in advance for your patience. Please bear with us, our team are experiencing a high level of requests with current events and we’ll be in contact as quickly as possible.
Due to the high volume of calls and working with skeleton staff in this situation our lines will be open from 10am - 12pm
Please note, we can only discuss bookings with the lead party organiser.
We are prioritising bookings with departure dates in the next 4 weeks and we will try to keep you updated as best we can right now.
The Groupia Team
We are continually monitoring the coronavirus situation closely and we are following the advice and guidelines set by Public Health England and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).
What happens if the FCO advises against travel to my event destination?
If this is the case you should first refer to your travel insurance and review your cover, hopefully this will allow you to claim. You are looking for a cover for cancellation and/or or curtailment. You can start by making sure you have all the necessary paperwork to help support your claim from your travel provider. You can ask your travel provider to set this up for you, they should have a copy. All bookings are advised to get travel insurance through the booking process.
We have also already been in touch with lead event organisers with events due to go between March – June, to which we’ve issued credit.
All monies paid towards your event have been raised as Groupia Credit which keeps it safe and financially protected in line with ABTA guidelines and recommendations. You can view your credit at any time by logging into your VIP area. Your Groupia Credit is valid for 2 years from the date of issue and can be used on rebooking your initial plans or changing to a complete new destination and itinerary. We're taking new bookings using credit now, so get in touch with us to start planning your event. We’re ready when you are.
If however you'e unable to use your Groupia Credit, we will soon be launching our Groupia Claims system for monetary refunds*. More information on this will be sent to the bookings lead organiser soon. *Terms apply.
You can find the most up to date FCO updates here > (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
What happens if our flights are cancelled or disrupted?
- If your flights are cancelled or disrupted, then please speak to your airline and travel insurance providers.
If our flights are cancelled, will we receive a credit on our ground arrangements?
- If there are any issues with your flights, please speak to your airline and travel insurance providers. Many airlines are offering rescheduling at no extra costs, meaning the destination is still accessible, but the timeline may have to change.
- If the destination is still accessible then the ground arrangements remain valid and no refund will be issued by suppliers on the ground. If that is the case as soon as you advise and as far as possible we will request to reschedule, but guarantees are out of our control.
- However, in most cases, if given 7 weeks' notice, we will do everything we can to re-arrange your event with an alternative trip.
If you're travelling within the next 7 days
- If your event is taking place in the next 7 days, we will be in touch as soon as possible if any aspect of your booking has been affected.
If you're travelling within the next 6 weeks
- Please bear with us while we contact our suppliers for more information on your booking. As you are aware the situation is changing every day and we want to make sure we can share with you the most current information. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss possible options available to your group.
- Please note: we will be contacting the lead organiser of the booking and sharing the information with them to share in turn with you.
Is it possible to postpone our event or change location?
- Yes in cases outside of cancellation terms. However, we would advise taking very quick action to secure a new solution.
- We will do our best to make any amendments to your booking prior to the final balance deadline. This will be subject to availability and price discrepancies.
- If you have already paid your final balance (and your event is now within cancellation terms) but wish to postpone, this will be at the discretion of our suppliers.
- Please get in touch with your Event Manager immediately if this is something you would like to look into.
Should I go ahead with my booking?
- We know Covid-19 is causing uncertainty and the situation is changing daily.
- We're monitoring things closely and our highly experienced teams are in contact with the FCO and ABTA.
- We would never operate an event unless it was safe to do so and if travel restrictions are implemented.
- From our latest ABTA Bulletin (17.03.20)... Get travel insurance
"If your travel is essential, make sure you have appropriate insurance for overseas travel, and purchase it as soon as you book your travel. You should check the detail of your travel insurance to see what it covers, and contact your insurance provider if you have any questions. You may need to consider a specialist policy. It's your responsibility to make sure you're covered. Read our guidance on purchasing insurance. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has published information on the travel insurance implications of coronavirus."
Can we have an extension on our final balance deadline?
- Yes, if your event is postponed the final balance deadline will automatically track to new dates.
Further reading on Covid-19:
- Use info from FCO updates - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- For health advice see NHS - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
ABTA advice on the corona virus - https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak