Yackety-Yak! Master the Art of Top Tier Chatter with 100 Conversation Starters and Games Perfect for Any Dinner Party!
Stagnant, awkward, drab – nobody wants their dinner party to be a painfully dull affair people would rather just forget.
Kickstart the chatter with the help of these interesting and exciting conversation starters and games which are bound to spark any discussion into life.
Whether it’s a one-on-one or a big group natter, you’ll be able to facilitate the amusement and become the life and soul with your fun, interesting and intriguing patter.
So, check out our five-star conversation starters below and enjoy an evening everyone will be talking about (pun intended) for years to come!
Party On Top Tip: Get everyone to get this list up on their phones and take it in turns to choose and answer the questions.
Conversation Starters & Games
- Funny Conversation Starters
- Interesting Conversation Starters
- Deep Meaningful Conversation Starters
- Quickfire Conversation Starters
- Weird Conversation Starters
- Boring Conversation Starters (To Avoid Like The Plague!)
- Rank These From Best To Worst
- Would You Rather?
- Rate the Guests – Who Here Has…
- What’s Better?
Funny Conversation Starters
- What’s the biggest fashion blunder you’ve ever made?
- What’s your most embarrassing faux pas?
- What’s your favourite guilty pleasure song/artist?
- What’s the worst advice you’ve ever been given?
- What’s your weirdest habit?
- What’s your go-to funny story?
- What’s your best joke?
- How do you procrastinate when you’re putting off doing something?
- Is there anything you used to like but isn’t cool, so now you deny ever liking it?
- Can anyone do any impressions or accents?
Interesting Conversation Starters
- Best place you’ve been abroad?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What hobby do you wish you were good at?
- If you could start your life again, what would you do differently?
- What’s the best book you’ve read and why?
- Where’s the best place to go for a holiday in the UK?
- What’s the most ridiculous item you’ve ever wasted money on?
- What two celebrities that aren’t together would make the best couple?
- What’s the best birthday you’ve had and why?
- Who would you invite (dead or alive) to your dream dinner party (4 guests)?
Deep Meaningful Conversation Starters
- Who’s your role model (excluding parents – everybody says that, yawn!)?
- What’s top of your bucket list?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- What’s are you most proud of?
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
- What scares you the most?
- What’s your ‘happy place’?
- What’s the most unusual thing you’d do/buy if you won the lottery?
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Quickfire Conversation Starters
- Favourite movie.
- Favourite TV show.
- Favourite comedian.
- Favourite actor.
- Favourite band.
- Favourite type of takeaway.
- Favourite meal.
- Favourite ice cream flavour.
- Favourite sandwich filling.
- Favourite beverage.
Weird Conversation Starters
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve eaten?
- What tattoo would you get and where, if you had to (if someone doesn’t have a tattoo)?
- What cartoon character would you most like to date?
- What would be your darts name (e.g. Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor)?
- What the dumbest thing you’ve Googled?
- What’s something that’s really boring that you’re really passionate about?
- What’s the worst animal?
- Which relative do you hate the most and why?
- What’s the worst name for a baby?
- What biscuit is the best representation of you?
Boring Conversation Starters (To Avoid Like The Plague!)
- Anything weather-related (Zzzzz).
- Traffic/your journey (Unless said journey involved something legitimately interesting: Big Foot sighting, police chase, someone had a hilarious non-injury-incurring fall).
- Working out (See brackets after number 51).
- Work (Unless you do something interesting: hot air balloonist, shark diver, world-famous actor).
- Dreams (Actual dreams, not hopes or aspirations).
- Money (See brackets after number 53).
- Politics (A surefire way to kickstart an argument).
- Past relationships (Get over it!).
- How you slept the night before (See brackets after number 56).
- Talking about people the other person doesn’t know (They don’t care!).
Rank These From Best to Worst
- Chinese Takeaway, Indian Takeaway, Pizza, Fish & Chips.
- Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff.
- Salt & Vinegar, Cheese & Onion, Ready Salted, Prawn Cocktail
- Wine, Gin, Beer, Cider
- Red Wine, White Wine, Rosé, Prosecco
- Travelling, All-Inclusive, Mini Break, Cruise
- London, Paris, New York, Tokyo
- Football, Rugby, F1, Cricket
- Pub, Bar, Club, Sofa
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Claim 8 free beers today!
Would You Rather?
- Would you rather be a famous singer or a famous comedian?
- Would you rather have scales or fur?
- Would you rather marry someone attractive and glum, or ugly and fun?
- Would you rather the ability to fly or turn invisible?
- Would you rather be Facebook-famous or have no social media?
- Would you rather be rich and famous or rich and nobody knows who you are?
- Would you rather eat a really hot curry or not eat at all?
- Would you rather live by the sea or in the countryside?
- Would you rather the internet did or didn’t exist?
- Would you rather be attractive or clever?
Rate the Guests – Who Here Has…
- The best hair?
- The best smile?
- The funniest laugh?
- The best eyes?
- The best sense of humour?
- The best shoes?
- The best teeth?
- The most interesting job?
- The most boring job?
- The biggest muscles (we sense some arm wrestles brewing!)?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones?
- Blur or Oasis?
- Morning or Evening?
- TV Series or Film?
- Takeaway or Restaurant?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Text or Call?
- Sunbathing or Exploring?
- Facebook or Instagram?